Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Never a dull moment at our house...

This week is going to be a very busy week. I want to take a minute to write about last week for Austin's therapy. On Wednesday we have physical therapy for him. He spent the entire hour standing/ practicing walking. He walks supported by a device that suspends him over a treadmill. He did fantastic walking his feet on that. Then after that she put in a light gate (something he can walk with, kinda like a kids walker or practice supported standing by him self). He did great and didn't complain the entire hour. If you can imagine being a six yr old who has low muscle tone and doesn't stand on his own, this is a lot of work. I was very proud of him and next time I will have to bring my camera to share the pics on here.

This week, we are celebrating the life of my parents foster child who went to heaven this past weekend. Please keep them, the foster agency staff, and the nurses and Dr.'s that worked with this child all in your prayers. Also I will be having a procedure done this week, so I am thinking happy thoughts for a fast recovery from that so we can get back in the swing of things here with the kids. I love that this weather feels like spring and we are enjoying ever minute of it and hope that your are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment